Sunday, March 20, 2016

Your Life Matters, by Carina Kiessling, age 12

Since my mom is a pro-life speaker, I’ve grown up travelling all over the country and even around the world, hearing my mom and others speak on abortion and attending pro-life demonstrations.  When I was younger, I started a club called the “My Life Matters Club,” because I wanted people to know that their lives matter.  Many abortion supporters don’t care about unborn children’s lives because they don’t even understand that their own lives matter.

On July 9, 2011, I attended a pro-life demonstration in Pontiac, Michigan, along with my mom and brother, protesting a fundraiser for Planned Parenthood who was hoping to open a huge abortion clinic in Auburn Hills.  When we got there, there were people with signs yelling at each other.  I was only 7 years old, but I knew this was wrong and not the way to handle things.  How were we going to teach them anything if we are just yelling at each other?

It got so bad that people separated on opposite sides of the street, with Planned
Parenthood supporters on one side and pro-life activists on the other.  There were two men – one from each side – who had bullhorns and were facing off in the middle of the street making lots of noise, and I knew there was a better way.  

So I asked my mom, “Can we go over there and just talk to them?  I want to tell them that their lives matter.”  My mom was surprised that I really wanted to, but said yes, and we walked over.


I was a little nervous, but I told a group of them that I just wanted to let them know that I think their lives matter.  And of course, they told me back, “We think your life matters too.”  That opened up the opportunity to explain how my mom and I wouldn’t have been here if Planned Parenthood had their way.  We went on to have an excellent conversation after that, and they were really nice to me because I was just a kid.  They even gave me a bottle of water because it was really hot outside.

I want you to know that being argumentative isn’t the best, but do speak up for yourselves because even if you’re a kid, teenager or adult, you can still make a difference.

http://www.salvarel1.blogspot.com/2016/03/tu-vida-importa.html

BIO:  Carina Kiessling, daughter of pro-life speaker and President of Save The 1 Rebecca Kiessling, is 12 years old, in the 7th grade and the middle child of 5.  She hopes to adopt children when she gets older.






0 comments: